An initiative to to commission generic Accounting, Legal and Taxation research and advice to develop a framework for collaborative housing in the New Zealand legal environment is under way.
Contributions are sought from those of us that are seriously interested in getting cohousing developments off the ground. The appeal for financial contribution recognises that the resulting advice will be open-sourced and will be of major benefit to any individual or project.
This area is particularly uncertain given recent IRD changes such as the Taxation (Bright-Line Test for Residential Land) Act 2015. Cohousing and Private not-for-profit development of Housing for ownership has little if any precedent in the Legal & Financial environment of 2016/17 New Zealand.
The intention of commissioning this advice is:
- to de-risk this area, avoid mistakes that might add significant unexpected costs to a project
- to increase the knowledge base to enable a party/other parties to confidently press forth and make projects happen
- this wisdom and advice will add to the collective confidence of Cohousing projects actually happening.
How can you help ?
- contributions of $100 or more are sought from individuals in the Cohousing community that are serious about translating Cohousing into reality here in NZ.
- the cost of this Legal Research & Advice including Legal peer review is $3000 + GST.
- the brief given to the professional firm clearly identifies the goal of open-sourcing the findings.
In return you will:
- personally receive a copy of the resulting professional advice
- add momentum to Cohousing in New Zealand, helping to reach critical mass and breaking ground to turn ideas into realitybe well-informed about the legal, taxation & financial considerations to guide you and your cohousing project
To register your interest, please send a direct message and we will follow up in person.